Bath Mind is a local and independent mental health charity operating in Bath and North East Somerset (B&NES) supporting all with their mental health and wellbeing. Although affiliated to the national charity by brand they are in fact their own independent and self-funded charity and receive no directing funding from Mind therefore any money raised goes straight back into supporting the local community.
With the UK now facing unprecedented isolation measures and historical restrictions to life the demand for their services is increasing daily. For many with existing mental health problems this is a particularly stressful and challenging time, therefore Bath Mind’s mental health support services are more critical than ever, and a life line for so many in our community.
Bath Mind has adapted their services to include remote support and care wherever possible, however they urgently need funds to enable them to meet the increasing demand for mental health support in B&NES, and help support the strain placed on their services by COVID-19 measures.
With your help, they can support even more people, and make sure that anyone needing support with their mental health and wellbeing has somewhere to turn to.
Some of the new initiatives we have put into action/developing since the COVID-19 outbreak:
- Daytime and evening telephone crisis support
- A Compassionate Community Hub, based in Peasedown St John – Open to all B&NES residents for any community support relating to COVID-19. Bath Mind are the chosen mental health support service. Phone line and service to be open from 8am-8pm, 7 days a week
- Regular check-ins with existing wellbeing group members – hosting group Wellbeing Coffee Mornings, giving advice on keeping an routine, keeping active etc.
- Food for Thought delivering online nutritional support and recipe tips to enhance wellbeing
- 1:1 Counselling via Skype
- Online Get Creative packages
- Video sports classes i.e. Tai chi
- Online Wellbeing in the Workplace scheme to include online training, wellbeing coach and mindfulness sessions
- Online resources page on how to keep mentally well during the pandemic
We run a vast array of services on top of the above new initiatives, find out more at bathmind.org.uk.